WHAT DAY IS IT?
Well, I know I am getting old
and not just because of who I see in the mirror every morning and definitely
not because of who I wake up with every morning…because we all know that though
he may be balding and grey of beard, any man looks better with age. No, life is
unfair in that , because no man I have ever met even cares if he looks his age
Shall I share some of my
thoughts on this subject with you? (press delete
now if you are seriously not interested) yeah, I thought not.
- Well an exciting evening for me is when I can
have prepared dinner, eaten it with my beloved and maybe even have a glass
of wine, and still have the dishes washed up with left-overs stowed before
- Another fine example must be that when I sent Ray
out for his evening walk today with our dogs, I encouraged him to walk
past the campsite of those cute French ladies who Ooh and Ahh over the
pugs and make eyes at Ray all the while.
- I never remember what day it is unless I check my
daily medication tray. (hey I am only on 3 life saving drugs at the
- I bring Make-up with me wherever I go and then
can’t be bothered to use it. (it doesn’t make any difference anyway…hey
even professionals can’t hide the lines that define me these days)
- I am thrilled that I am just a grandmother, not a
- I lie awake at night to watch my husband breathe
and thank God that he is; breathing, that is
- I actually think before I put any food whatsoever
into my mouth, carefully deciding which ingredients will be agreeable in
that time slot.
- I am looking forward to getting a pension check
in less than 5 years! And at the same time dreading having to retake my
driver’s test soon after that.
- I like myself (most of the time)
- I am proud of my lilac/purple veins in my
legs….they show that the blood is still splashing around in there
There are so many more ways
but I won’t elaborate any further because I actually forget all the clever
things I was going to say.