I figure that there are a lot more but I will choose just 10 things I do NOT want to hear about from anyone at anytime!
10. Lengthy discussion of the route you took to get here. This drives me insane. Everytime we visit one of my sisters and her husband, the two men talk for about an hour on the best route blah blah blah…..
9. As we age, I don’t want to hear about your toned abs, no thank you very much! Get real and get a life…this is for the young folk if they must!
7. Honestly? Your kid is smart, OK I know that but really? Do you have to read me their whole report card? Of course, this is totally cancelled out for my own grandkids….I mean they really ARE the most clever and brightest and…….
4. You got problems in your marriage? Welcome to the real world and get over it. Work it out! No one else will be any better. It pays to have some ‘stick-to-it-vness!’ Believe me after 41 years I know what I am talking about.
2. Will not listen to your play by play rendition of the surgery you had. Even if it is a revolutionary wonder of medical science, I don’t need to hear it. It’s done? You made it? Good, where shall I mail a card to you.???
AND THE NUMBER ONE THING I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT OR HEAR ABOUT OR KNOW ABOUT IS…………